div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Tuesday 28 November 2017

This Week 4 Years Ago...


Prior to becoming an author, my past life involved working with offenders in a male prison. Last week marked four years since I left the service. 

I wrote about some of my many experiences for Refinery29 - you can read it HERE

Part of me misses the job, but I'm now settled into life as an author and wouldn't change that. The experiences I had will always be a mix of happy, sad, challenging, rewarding, frustrating and exciting and I will put them to good use in my writing!

Since leaving the prison, I've had four short stories published, written four novels, two of which have now been published, and the third will be published next year - and I've been faced with new, totally different challenges. I couldn't have predicted where my life would go four years ago - I took a leap of faith and thankfully, it worked out well.

It's very strange rereading my first blog post four years ago about my new start and new career! You can read it HERE

The final words in that blog post were: "I don't know how it will end, I just want to enjoy the ride." And I think that's exactly how it should be.





No comments:

Post a Comment